I also took out my spirea bushes in front and started working on re-landscaping west of the sidewalk. I scored sod off Craig's List last Saturday so Paul and I had a date night to pick that up. I just have to make a little list of the things I've purchased from Craig's List for this remodel.....
- Ceramic Floor Tile....a guy had the amount we needed left over from his cabin project so I picked it up for more than 1/2 off retail
- Refrigerator....a french door Maytag bought from a retired couple that was downsizing
- Stackable Washer & Dryer....bought from a guy who was upgrading his set
- Landscape Plants....bought from 3 different people who were thinning out their gardens
- Patio set
- Sitting Bench....this guy repainted the iron and removed and restained the slats for the seat....it's beautiful!
- Padded bench for entryway....guy was selling it for his daughter. It really jazzes up the entryway and gives people a place to sit while putting on or taking off shoes.
- Sod....a landscaper had 42 rolls left over from a project. I picked it up for 50% off retail, and it's just what we needed for the front yard.
I think that's everything. I'll go back and add things if I remember them!
I also purchased corbels for the decorative piece at the peak of the garage. I decided to have the builder put 2 corbels at the entryway to match the ones over the garage. I bought these from Architectural Depot through Amazon. We went with this type of corbel:
I decided to stain the corbels and the trim around the columns with a cedar stain. Here's the stain I chose:
|The stain color I went with is Cinnamon.|
I've also been having lot of fun with the fam....State Fair, Back to School, and a photo shoot.
|Jane & Nick posing for a picture at Little Farm Hands.|