Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Remodeling Update: Rain, Rain, Go Away!

The rain has made it hard for the workers to dig holes to set footings for the garage extension and the entryway.  However, yesterday was a cloudy day with no rain so a lot of the soil dried out.  Today has been sunny, warm, and beautiful....perfect working weather!

Here are a few pics to show the progress:

Nick watching the digging from the front window.



















Those are roof trusses that were delivered on Monday for the new garage roof extension. 
They gave us a little step to walk up into the mudroom.  We're using the door to the kitchen again for a while.
The doorway and walls were also framed last week.
 In other news, the pregnancy is going well.  My hemoglobin level, however, continues to be low.  Diet isn't working even though I eat very healthy food.  So my midwife gave orders for 2 IV infusions of iron.  I had a session yesterday.  It was not fun!  I am at the "see you every week until baby comes" stage so I'll have my hemoglobin checked next Thursday.  If my hemoglobin level goes up a gram, I won't need another session.  I'm praying that's the case.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that hemoglobin level goes up. So important for you and sweet baby, especially for you to feel optimal. BTW, I so want your camera. You are getting such great pics on this remodel. My daughter, Lauren, is down to 4 weeks of pregnancy, and it is end of school year (she is a high school teacher) and
    she is so ready for both pregnancy and school year to be over. I know you are counting the days as well. Keeping you and all of your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...