Thursday, November 21, 2013

Still in the Kitchen: Pre-Thanksgiving Prep



Today, Nick and I decided to do a little experimenting.  I bought a bag of cranberries yesterday and wanted to make up the sauce in advance.  However, after this batch, I've decided to buy 2-3 more bags and run it all through my sauce maker.  I plan to put the sauce in jars and store it in the fridge so it will gel.  I know the longer I leave it sit, the more jellied it will become.






Oh, and here is the stock festering away!  It has an awesome color and aroma.  Lo and behold, I found several references to Nourishing Traditions' stock recipes and tips.  I rarely get that book out, but now I'm even more informed about gut health.  Who knew?  Anyway, I'm so tempted to stop the process and make soup.  However, the book says the longer you let it sit and stew, the better.  But I'm so impatient!!!!!



Marrow....yum!

Time to run around with the kids so I'm saved by my erratic schedule once again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. Be sure to let us know how it turned out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. I'll try to post in the morning. I'm whooped from today's kitchen spree!:)

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...