2. Cooler Weather - We are definitely headed for fall like weather. Friday was a perfect day for soccer games. It was sunny and hovered in the upper 60's and lower 70's. I'm ready for the change in weather so I can get my fall clothes out! I also want to get back to hot cups of tea. Today I was dedicated to the kitchen making chili, cornbread, banana-raisin muffins, and cinnamon swirl bread for the week. Phew!
|Cinnamon Swirl Bread....|
I was too tired to pull out the cooling racks so the range top will have to do!
3. Nick's First Day of Preschool - Wednesday I had an Orientation hour for Nick. He played in his classroom with the other children for that hour. However, Friday was his official first day. He was so excited, ate all of his breakfast, and was proud to wear his backpack.
He loves his preschool room because they have just what he likes!
4. What I've Read - My Well Read Mom group met last Friday. I love the ladies in the group....we have a great time together laughing and sharing our insights. I've all ready read the September reading which is Revelation (taken from Everything That Rises Must Converge) and A Good Man is Hard to Find. These are not for the faint of heart. Flannery O'Connor is quite dark, but I love her descriptions and the settings in the South are perfect.
5. Cable - I bundled our internet and phone package by adding a basic cable pack. Honestly, the rabbit ears and scrambled channels were getting annoying. Our house is so big and the cable paths are so screwed up that no manner of rigging was going to get us a clear picture anywhere. So far so good....the kids like that the shows come in clearly and there is more to choose from for Family Movie Night without being beholden to Netflix or Red Box.
6. Sports - The girls are in full swing with soccer. Maria decided to play again this year which I was surprised by. She's my least active kid. However, she's really matured over the summer. She is eating better and is more active because of the dog. She gets out and runs and plays with him. She gets plenty of compliments about "her beagle!"
7. The Doggy - Tup is doing very well. We're more than half way through with our obedience class. He's easy to train and good when he wants to be. Paul has been watching training videos on YouTube for training him to hunt. It's pretty amazing to see him stand on alert when he spots a squirrel, rabbit, or cat. He looks like the perfect hunting dog in those moments. Other than that, he's all nose on four legs. Hounds are incredible that way. It's their noses that get them in trouble, and Tup is no exception!