Monday, July 29, 2013

Laundry Room Affirmation

I had a service tech from Centerpoint Energy come out today for three major appliances.  I need a new lower rack for the dishwasher.  It's working great, but the plastic parts on the rack were falling apart so she ordered a whole new rack to replace the existing one.  No biggie there.

She also serviced my leaky washer and the dryer.  Seems the dryer needed the external vent cleaned to allow for better air flow.  The washer had a leaky part....can't remember the name of it....which the tech had on hand.  She was able to replace the part so I was able to continue with the laundry as usual.

What surprised me was the conversation I had with the tech between the washer and dryer being serviced.  She asked how long I've had the set.  I told her they were bought in 2004 or 2005.  She was very surprised that with our heavy usage, they are still in great shape.  I always think my set is new because it was bought after 2000.  Anything that I've bought in the New Millennium seems to be eternally new to me.  However, I forget that we are in the 2nd decade of the New Millennium!!!

I also wash anywhere from 6-8 loads of laundry on days when I do laundry.  I don't have a set laundry day, but I've noticed that it usually hits on either Saturday or Monday.  I won't go into my laundry system in this post, but I will say that the kids help with starting loads, switching it out, folding, and putting away.  We like to get everything done in the same day so laundry doesn't just sit in baskets all over the house.  I'm very much a part of the "return it how you found it" mindset.

To say the least, the tech was very impressed with my washer and dryer.  I'm pleased that I phoned a friend who had 9 children at that time.  I asked her what kind of set she had so I could purchase the same thing.  She very cheerfully told me so we bought them.  I don't know if the current Fisher & Paykel models are the same or if there are better models out there.  I just hope I get another 10 years out of my laundry room buddies!!  I really love them.

Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart Washer/Smart Load Dryer

Both of them are top loading.  However, my clothes doesn't fly from one to the other like this!

2 comments:

  1. Flying self-switching clothes would be totally awesome! You know, I don't think I've ever seen a top loading dryer before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either until we found these. I think there was an option to get a front loading dryer, and I can't remember why we chose this model. I was a little nervous at first the kids would fall in when switching out clothes, but it's never happened.:) I do have to keep a step stool next to the dryer so the shorter ones can reach all the way to the bottom. It's kind of a pain for them, but you know, it's been a great dryer otherwise!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...