Friday, July 26, 2013

If You Give A Mom a Pancake....

she'll go nuts taking pictures of her kids, flowers, etc.  This little beauty is one of the best Canon prime lenses for the money.

Introducing the Canon 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens.....


It really is that thin and is very lightweight as a result.  I read several reviews about it being a great walk-around lens.  I actually wanted to get the 50mm f/1.8 lens aka the "nifty fifty."  However, that one was no longer available from my Craig's List contact.  Instead, he offered me the 40mm.  And boy do I love it!

Check out the bokeh in the background, and Jane is as crisp as can be.
Bokeh is that blurry background effect that is created when the nearer object is in full focus.
When you have tiny lights or flowers in the background, you get little blurred light circles that create
a warmer aesthetic feel to a photo....Bokeh!


Here I have a Mommy still life at the auto shop that is nicely focused.


Another cool bokeh shot of Molly.  The lighting could be better.


Nick wasn't cooperating, but I think this shot is cute.


Look at this handsome doggie!


Coneflowers are getting some photo love here.


Another shot of the cone flowers.  Look at the detail in the center....could be better focused.  Working on that!


Maria took this pic of the geraniums in the front yard.  Love the color pop!


And here's the same thing in B&W.



4 comments:

  1. I've heard of the pancake - I have a 50mm. Do you shoot in manual? I usually use aperture priority.

    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was in aperture priority, but I primarily like to shoot in manual. I'm so bad at it, though. I really need to take another class. It's so hard with our family schedule to take classes consecutively and consistently. I have so much lag time between classes that I get all flustered and forget what I learn when I'm shooting. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  2. Oh, the pics are so good, Grace! They look so professional. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...