Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why I've Been So Quiet....

I've been making preparations.  Preparations for the kids and Paul and packing a bag, making phone calls, finishing up last minute details, and buying plane tickets.  I've wanted to sit and breathe and cry.  The next few days will test my strength.....my resolve.  I'm headed back to Texas with my siblings for one last goodbye.

Please keep my family in your prayers.  The following song has been playing in my head over and over and over.
Shepherd me O God beyond my wants, beyond my fears from death into life.
The gospel reading for today made me cry....
I am going to the one who sent me....grief has filled your hearts.....it is better for you that I go.....because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me;
And this has been taped to my fridge since Monica did it as a handwriting exercise in 4th or 5th grade:
Our life is a path towards paradise, where we will be loved and will love forever in a complete and perfect way.  We are born only to go to paradise.  The thought of paradise must make you strong against temptations.  If you are united with Christ, you will triumph over every difficulty.  I pray the Blessed Virgin to accompany you with her protection.  Look upwards.  Look up to Jesus and to those who really know Him, love Him, follow Him!  Look to Jesus who is Truth, Love the Example that illuminates, attracts and convinces!  Every hope of yours is satisfied in Him!  Jesus taught not only by word, but also by His actions in helping others.  You have followed in his footsteps.  He will surely reward you and fill you with His blessings.    -Pope John Paul II

St. Joseph, patron of fathers, please pray for my 
Dad.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, Grace. I'm so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.
    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know we're praying over here. May God bless your travels and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lift your eyes to the quiet hills, Grace. The Lord never slumbers; He is with you and your father. Praying for you all. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this today and have been praying. Asking St Joseph to intercede.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...