Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Sweetest Things

Today the boys were home from school because of a stomach virus.  They seem to be fine now, but it was a horrible night last night for sleeping.  Paul and I were up quite a bit with Lucas, and Gabe was a wreck this morning.

Angry Birds Centerpiece for Gabe's 7th Birthday Party/Dinner


I didn't feel great at all because of the lack of sleep.  I managed to get Monica to a class and make a few meals, but nothing too exciting.

Angry Birds Cupcake Toppers Used on Brownies picked out by the Birthday Boy!


The one bright spot in my day was a journal entry Gabe made.  It was very sweet.  He took a little notebook, a teacher's gift for me from the Religion Coordinators for teaching 4th grade this year, and a red pen and showed me this....

At the beginning of my life I knew I would have a good education and have good friends.  A good life is a treasure thought I, beautiful and kind friends are the best!  such as my family.
Is that sweet or what?  It made me think of a little note Monica gave me while in first grade....

Mama I wish I could be home but I have to go to school.

It was then that I knew I had a purpose in life to be the best mother I could be.  I don't always hit the mark, but sometimes.....sometimes I receive these little consolations that maybe, just maybe I do!

The One and Only....Gabe, the 7 Year Old Birthday Boy
 All Photos Were Taken by Maria, the designated photographer for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...