Sunday, March 31, 2013

Scenes From Easter Sunday: Christ is Risen!

We attended the Easter Vigil last evening which was beautiful as usual.  The trumpets, the fire, the water, the Paschal Candle, the vestments, the drums, the candles, the flowers....it was perfect!  After the Vigil Mass, we came home.  The kids had cake to celebrate and went to bed.  The older girls stayed up with Paul and me to set up our Easter celebration.  Maria filled plastic Easter eggs for our egg hunt, and Monica helped put together the Easter baskets.  I was busy trying to figure out what to make for Easter brunch.

I decided to put my smoked ham in the crockpot.  Yes!!!  I put a cup of water, sliced a whole orange and arranged it in the bottom of the crock.  I placed the smoked ham on the orange slices and dumped in 1 Tbsp. of whole cloves.  I set the crockpot on low.  When I woke up this morning, it was perfect!

Next, I had to find some kind of bready, egg dish.  After scanning the internet, I decided on this Overnight French Toast recipe.  I used a loaf of Tuscan bread I bought at Target on a whim yesterday in place of the brioche or challah.  Although it calls for 8 eggs, I only used 7 because I ran out!  The whole thing sat in the fridge overnight.  This morning I baked it uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.  Surprisingly it came out perfectly!  Paul described it as "crispy, not mushy, substantive, and tasted like a caramel roll."  We served it with warm syrup, ham slices, and fresh oranges....rave reviews all around!

Here are a few pics of our morning....









Have a Beautiful Easter Sunday, Monday,
and Season!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! And, those Easter eggs are gorgeous. The girls did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. Enjoy the Easter Season!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...