Thursday, March 7, 2013

Reposting from You Smart Cookie....St. Paddy's Day Cookies


I do believe we all should.....


For this set of cookies, you will need:

Sugar cookies (I chose a shamrock and medium fancy square cutters)
Green and White 10 second Royal Icing
Stamp
Americolor Gourmet Food Writers
Toothpicks

I began with simply baking the cookies and letting them cool.  Here we go!




Now outline your cookies using a #2 tip.



Now you can fill them in with the same royal icing but using a #3 or #4 tip to make the process go a bit faster.  Use the toothpick to work the icing all the way to the edges popping any air bubbles as you go.






For the shamrocks, I dropped dots of white royal icing using a #1 tip onto the wet icing.  I then dragged a toothpick through the dot pairs to make a little heart.


When all the cookies are finished icing, drive them overnight or if you have a dehydrate button on your oven or can get your oven down between 100 and 120 degrees, just pop them in the oven for 15 minutes to speed up the process.

Now you'll be using the dried white cookies, a green food writer, and the stamp.


I bought this stamp for this purpose so it hasn't been used for anything else, and my kids don't mind me using a rubber stamp on their cookies.  What can I say?  They'll eat anything!

Now rub the rubbery end with the food marker.



Now press the stamp lightly but firmly on the white cookie top.


You can touch up any lettering with the food writer to make the color pop if you need to.


So there you have it.  I hope you are able to make beautiful cookies for St. Paddy's Day!


2 comments:

  1. The cookies look great! I tried looking at your cookie site, and it said that it was parked. You may already know that, but just making sure that's what you're wanting.

    I think Todd and the big kids are going to bingo on Saturday. Will they see you there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "parked." Were you just not able to get on? Yes, we'll be there tonight. We have volunteering to do.;) It will be great to see them!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...