Friday, February 15, 2013

Deacon Inquiry: Preliminaries

Phew!  What a day.  I woke up this morning thinking, "Should I bling myself out for the inquiry session?  Should I wear a skirt?  Boy, I'm glad I had my nails done last weekend!"  How very superficial of me, but I really wanted to make a good impression.  After running around getting the boys to school, Jane to preschool, and getting a prescription filled for a dear friend who needed drugs QUICK after her day of surgery yesterday; I packed my lunch, ate while driving, and met Paul at the St. Paul Seminary.  I was frustrated that I arrived leaving my lipstick in my car, and I forgot to change into a skirt.  I waltzed in with my jeans and black Danskos!  Ugh!

Well, that's my life.....very busy, very full, and very blessed.



The session went well.  I think.  It's hard to tell what they're thinking because it comes down to discernment.  Even if we seem to be good candidates for the Diaconate, it has to be God's will for it all to come to fruition.  The interviewers (yes, there were 2) asked about our backgrounds, apostolic work, spiritual history, spiritual tendencies, family life, and married life.  They pressed fairly hard, but we were told the next round we'll be pressed even harder.

I love Paul, and I love the Lord.  For my part, I think that sums it up!  I could go on and on giving examples to prove my love for both, but I won't.  My life has to speak for itself.  If you know me, you know the discernment I went through from 19-24.  And if you've kept up with my blog, you can get a pretty good idea how I've embraced my vocation from 24-39.  Now it's just a matter of waiting....waiting on the Lord.  Time will tell what happens and how it will happen.  I have so many unanswered questions.  Questions are coming from all over the place.....the interviewers, friends, other couples, myself, and Paul.

I've found that God answers questions with time.  So now I'm going to get busy and wait.



4 comments:

  1. You know that we're praying for you all over here! May God continue to bless you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We feel the prayers! Thank you so much.:)

      Delete
  2. So exciting! Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...