Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Twelfth Day of Christmas

Linking up with Leila again this week, I give you....


On the Twelfth Day of Christmas my True Love gave to me.....



a Kiddo who can go Potty!!!!!

That's right!  We had the giant mission of potty-training Nick over this break.  Let me tell you, I was not a happy Mommy from the 26th to the 29th.  Those days were the hardest, but we made it through.  We buckled down, didn't go anywhere, and focused like a laser beam on this kid.  He's had 3 solid days of staying dry and running himself to the bathroom.  In my book, that's a potty-trained kid.  So now he's our new Captain Underpants.  That's no pull-ups ladies except for night time!  WooHoo!!!!

And {BONUS} I got the OK from the director at Catechesis of the Good Shepherd that Nick can now join the atrium on Thursdays.  I'm so excited for that.  Joining CGS with our other kids will open up so many worlds for Nick.  It almost brings tears to my eyes that this little soul will get to know The Good Shepherd like the others do.

To reward myself, I took some time to work on a few projects.  I was able to make these pretty pillows for the 12 Days of Christmas.  I fell in love with this fabric so I thought accent pillows would be the way to go.  I used the tutorial at this link....super-easy to make!




I also finished the quilt I was working on earlier this year.  I put it on Jane's bed since her comforter was pretty much thread-bare.  I bought the comforter sets for M & M when Monica was 2!  Sheesh!



I did free hand quilting using a darning foot.  I used three different forms of quilt doodling in the borders, the edges, and the pinwheels.  I love the way it came out!  And the border makes me so happy because it looks like a candy stripe using all the fabric scraps from the rest of the quilt top and back.  You can't really see it here, but trust me, it's cute!

Next I received a real, good idea for mealtime chores.  I received an invite to a Mother's Day of Renewal coming up at the end of the month.  The speaker will be the gal behind Smart Martha.  She has a very helpful video on how she made a mealtime chore wheel.  All I can say is that it's working great!


BTW....if you need details for the retreat which will be held at Holy Family Parish in SLP, you can email me and I'll get you the info.


You might find this tree a bit funny and vintage.  It is an aluminum tree that Paul's parents had saved from his grandparents.  I can't believe my in-laws kept it all these years!  Anyway I posted this ad on Craig's List:

Just in time for you to get your Mad Men Holiday decor ready for that vintage 60's party, this 7.5 ft. aluminum Christmas tree is just the ticket. This tree is in excellent condition and is full size as opposed to those tinier aluminum tabletop trees. Imagine hot pink, lavender, or other brightly colored ornaments amidst a white or bright backdrop. Just add a few hip friends and a tray of martinis for loads of fun at your holiday gathering!
So did it sell?  You betcha....for $120!!!!!!!  Who's laughing now?

10 comments:

  1. Seven and a half foot! I've never seen such a large one - good for you! (you didn't want to keep it, huh?)

    Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was huge! We don't have the room for another tree so we had to sell it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Tell Captain Underpants good job! Esther is still doing well with the occasional accident, but about 95% success rate...not bad in my opinion!

    The pillows are adorable - where did you find that fabric? AND - good job using it! I often find fabric and have the best of intentions only to have it sit for a year or more...sigh...

    Please send me details on the retreat at Holy Family. I have a kitchen chore chart, but your wheel somehow makes it look more fun-ish. Maybe I'll have to morph our chart into a wheel.

    Great job getting some $ for that tree instead of just trashing/good-willing it. I am in total declutter mode and am throwing/donating things left and right. Don't leave anything laying around, or it'll end up in the trash!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were my inspiration for the training! I'll send the info. Via email.:). It will be great if you can go.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, MM! It was hard not to keep it, but we honestly could not.

      Delete
    2. You made out like a bandit -- well done!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Leila! I can't believe someone would pay that much, but it is a pretty tree.

      Delete
  4. I kinda covet that tree! Maybe I will find one for the den, and to heck with the nay-sayers around here, who are all like, "9 foot real tree"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are able to find one and ornaments to match! Then you can have a 3 martini lunch to celebrate!!;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...