Thursday, January 31, 2013

Humbling

I'm going to show you the reason why You Smart Cookie will never offer anything more than an iced sugar cookie....


Unappealing Results!!

My "regular" cookies....these are butterscotch/chocolate chip, btw....always are a hit or miss and more of a miss rather than a hit.  They usually get too hot, or spread, or are just plain ugly.

They still get eaten, but just look at this very sad cookie....


I even tried to jazz him up with a pink plate and a blue dishcloth.  I should have photoshopped a sad face on this cookie!

So for today, I will stick to what I know.....




Of course, I picked cookies for Candlemas to show you.  Smiles all around!!  Don't forget to get your candles and have them blessed on Saturday.  Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. This is too incredible! Sugar cookies are more complicated than drop cookies, in my view! :D

    If you try again, chill the dough first, which should firm it up. Otherwise, use a tablespoon or two less fat. Are you using margarine? I think butter would set up better.

    Or, just look for another recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chill the dough....got it! Yes, I think I used too much butter.:( Thanks for the tips.:)

      Delete
  2. Hello Grace, I have been reading your blog for a while now and get great encouragement from it. Your biscuits look lovely. I am not Catholic. What is Candlemas? Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Julie. Wow, I'm flattered that you encouragement from this blog.:) You just made my day! Here's a link to an explanation of Candlemas: http://www.fisheaters.com/customstimeafterepiphany3.html

      Blessings,
      Grace

      Delete
    2. That link didn't come out very well, Julie. I hope you are able to copy and paste it into your browser.:) It's a very beautiful explanation.....better than I could give.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Grace. That is an interesting link. It seems like a beautiful celebration. I envy Simeon in a way, seeing God incarnate. Amazing! Bless you this Candlemas. I shall continue to read your blog and enjoy your view of life and faith. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie.:) It is a beautiful explanation! Simeon is very special to me....I quote his words almost every night because I feel like I have witnessed many miracles in our family on a daily basis and can now sleep in peace.:)

      Blessings,
      Grace

      Delete
  4. Grace,

    I always love seeing photos of your cookies. My cookies (biscuits!) are the regular variety. I have never attempted to make iced sugar cookies, but I do enjoy looking at yours! They really are a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...