Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Cure for the Winter Doldrums....

Today we have a Birthday!!

Free Printable Banner from Anders/Ruff Contemporary Designs

Gifts waiting to be opened after dinner this evening!
I was able to find a few photos that I love of our sweet girl, Maria, and take a stroll down memory lane.

In January of 2001, Paul volunteered to chaperone a group of boys on a trip to Rome for the closing of the Holy Door at the Vatican.  For 10 days, he stayed at the UD Rome Campus.  Lucky duck!



He did a lot of sightseeing and visited special places.




I organized the trip for Paul, the boys, and many families that went to Rome for the pilgrimage.  I planned for months.  Just days after I took on the job of organizing the trip, I found out I was pregnant with Maria.  Her due date was February 11th.  I knew she would probably be born early and that I wouldn't be joining the other pilgrims on the trip.  So I stayed home with Monica, Auntie Nora came up and stayed with us, and we cooked a baby a little longer while Paul was away.

And then.....


she was born, January 29, 2001!

Maria's 5th Birthday - A Princess Party!

Monica, Maria, and Gabe - Eagle's Nest outing

Anyway, it was fun to have a few laughs and smiles at the memories. 

Happy 12th Birthday, Maria!





2 comments:

  1. I love to go back and revisit photos of my children. I forget how precious and cute they were as little ones. Your Maria is precious - Sending her warm birthday wishes from Florida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I must have missed your comment.:( Hey, don't rub it in about the weather!;)

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...