Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent-ing In Spite of My Back Pain

I seriously twanged my shoulder muscles today.  Can you believe it's because I took a nap in the car during Maria's flute lesson in my less than comfortable driver's seat?  On top of that, I kind of sit in a weird way in the van when I drive it.  I think that aggravated my already aching shoulder.  Ugh!  Paul adjusted my back and sprayed it with BioFreeze when I got home.  However, it's not any better.  I'll be turning in early tonight because I'm just whooped from the day.

You all know how much I love Advent so this year is no exception.  We've been adding a Jesse tree ornament to our Advent tree in the mornings and reading the corresponding Scripture passage.  At meals on Sunday we lit our first Advent candle.  I've also been reading this fun book to the kids and Paul....



This book contains many of the traditional Christmas hymns but also includes some of the popular secular songs the kids have been hearing on the radio.  I think it's fascinating to read about how Nat King Cole's original recording of The Christmas Song came to be.  It was interesting to read about Mel Torme, Judy Garland, and Bing Crosby and how they've made their way into the ears of many Americans some of whom will never know who these people were.  In any case, it's my little way of helping the kids to be well rounded!

I hope your Advent is going well, too.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming feast days....St. Nicholas, the Immaculate Conception, St. Lucy, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.  Shortly after that we'll begin our countdown to Christmas with the O Antiphons.  There's so much to help with the anticipation of Christmas.  It's so fun to be Catholic at this time of year!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your back. It must be quite a challenge in the midst of your full days. Offering an Ave for your struggle and also in thanksgiving for what sounds like a lovely Advent otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melody!:) It was so hard to drive home today....with every turn of the steering wheel, my back would ache and a sharp shooting pain would go down my arm. Darn muscles!! I appreciate the prayers.:)

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...