Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day Back.....

to driving around like a mad woman!

I knew I just had to jump right in....with both feet that is.  I was skeptical about how it all would work to get 3 of the 7 kids to 3 different places this morning.  But we decided to start things off right by going to 7:30AM Mass.  That's right, folks.  We got up at the b*** crack of dawn and headed over to our local parish.  Which by the way, is a very nice and quiet place with a smattering of 60+ year olds.  It was absolute bliss because Nick did very well.  (He was probably still asleep!!!)  That's ok.  I'll take that!

Anyway, I haven't taken back to school pictures of the rest of the kids.  But Gabe's was precious because he really did have a first day of school...."real" school!



A week ago....yes, a week ago....we decided to send Gabe to a Spanish Immersion School in a neighboring suburb.  Crazy, I know!  However, it's always been a dream of ours to send at least one of our kids if not all of them to a school where they could learn to speak Spanish fluently.  Only recently, language immersion schools have popped up all over the cities.  This one is closest to our house so I jumped on it when I heard about it.  I had checked into the possibility in June, but because of the busy-ness of summer, it fell off my plate.  I finally followed up with the principal at the school last week.  He was more than happy to have Gabe join the program.

It's not without its downsides.  The school is housed in a building that also hosts an Intermediate and Middle School.  It's a public school.  There are no uniforms.  It's a full day away from home.  However, we're going to give it a shot and see if we can do this as a family.

He came home beaming because of the friends he made.  He was also super happy to see us.  It was amazing to see the innocence in his eyes as I chatted with him about the day.

We'll just see how it goes....nothing ventured, nothing gained!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of immersion schools - I hope he does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Thanks, Lisa. The idea is that they only hear the immersion language in all of their studies so they get used to hearing it and can move toward fluency.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...