Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Quick Takes: New News


-1-

I have to post these cute little pics of my brothers rental car.  He was surprised when he picked it up last week.  The kids all wanted to see it, but only Maria was able to because the other kids had classes.



-2-

Maria took these cute pictures of Nick.  I can't remember when, but they are adorable.  I also can see now who has been playing ding-dong-ditch at my front door!!






-3-

We finally adopted a dog from Coco's Heart Dog Rescue.  They are a great animal rescue group here in the cities.  Ferbie is a Bichon Frise/Shitzu mix.  He is 2 years old and is adjusting well after a rocky weekend.  He's now been with us a week.




-4-

Gabe had his first school fundraiser this morning.  His class did a Crazy Run around the school track wearing crazy hats.  Gabe wore a fish hat we found at our local thrift store.



 We went along to cheer him on!



Ready, set....


GO!!!!!


He ran...


and ran....


and then walked!


Then he had a snack from the PTA...popcorn and a bottle of water.




-5-

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd starts next week for us.  I am super excited this year because I'm also taking the Level 1 Training.  After my training I will work for 2 years in the atrium at St. Francis Cabrini.  After that, I'll be set to work in any atrium in the Cities if I need or want to.  This is a dream I've had for a while so I'm glad I'm finally realizing it.

-6-

I'm now down to my maintenance weight!!!  It took almost 3 months to lose those last 10 lbs., but I am finally there!!  I feel great, I'm now a size 6 and am back to a healthy, normal weight for my height, age, and frame.  It feels so good.  People keep telling me that I don't look like I've had 7 kids.  Well, I think it's a great tool for evangelization and the Pro-Life cause.  Yes, you can have a large family,  be fit & active, and NOT own a pair or two of Spanx.  ¡Si se puede!



-7-

I've been baking tons to keep up with the kids' snacks.  Studying, homework, and classes make them so hungry around 10:30AM and 3:00PM.  Caramel Apple, Chocolate Chip, and Pumpkin Muffins, Banana/Chocolate Chip Bread, and Apple Bread have been baked a ton over the last two weeks.  I may have to do one more round of tomato canning this weekend.  For that, I'll have to get in the Zone!  I'm looking forward to getting back to baking more honey oatmeal bread and having pizza dough ready to go in the fridge.  I'll be using PW's recipe.  Here it is if you don't have it.

You can see more Quick Takes over at Jen's Conversion Diary by clicking on the button above.

3 comments:

  1. Come on...a dog! Now all my kids are going to want to live with you! Glad to hear that all is going well with you and your lovely family! Congrats on losing that last 10 pounds...that really is the kicker, isn't it? I've still got about 10 to lose. I just need to make it a priority. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the CGS level one training. It was wonderful and almost like a mini retreat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 is just adorable! And congrats on no more spanx. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...