Friday, July 20, 2012

Multi-Tasker I Am Not

I have a lot to say and have been wanting to post about it, but I've been busy doing a lot of other things.  Reading has been occupying my time.  I believe that multi-tasking is a myth.  I am seriously only able to do one thing at a time.  That very much includes projects.  I either blog very consistently, read very consistently, knit very consistently, sew very consistently, or homemake very consistently.  However, I can do none of those things simultaneously.  I just can't.  When I blog, I really do very little else other than the day to day.  You might say, "Well, that's a lot right there."  However, in my feeble mind it is not.  I usually want to do it all and scheduling, for me, never seems to work.  I hope others understand this because I barely do myself!

In any case, Monica and Maria finished up with community theater.  Their play, Cookies and Crime, was a smashing success!  Several of their friends from the parish were also in the play.  I was so pleased with that because it meant collaborative carpools, socializing with homeschool and parish friends, and affirmation that memorization and acting can be good for the soul.  The girls played a bickering pair of elderly sisters working at a historical residence.  When a pair of fraudulent interior designers show up to update the house, things start to go awry.  The outcomes are a couple of unexplainable deaths until the elderly sisters solve the crime and stop the thieves from making out with famous artwork hidden in the house.  For all of us parents, most of the fun was in seeing all of these very quiet kids doing an amazing job stepping into character and giving us all quite a laugh.  Many of our friends couldn't believe that our "quiet" girls could play such roles.  I think the crew did a fantastic job with their makeup.  No one could tell who they were!

Effie and Ellie Crabtree




We are now officially a crazy soccer family.  Much to our surprise Monica's team won their District games and were declared District Soccer Champions!  On Tuesday evening we had a double header....Maria had her summer concert for GTCYS at Como Park Pavilion and Monica had her regional playoff game in Hugo.  Monica's team won again!  Now they are Regional Soccer Champions and are off to state this weekend.  Sunday they play their first State game in Lakeville.  If they win, they play Princeton (a team they lost to early in the season) on Tuesday.  If they win that game, they play Wednesday for the State Championship!!!  This is all very exciting to say the least.  And all of this from this little gal....

Monica walking in the St. Anthony Days Parade - Soccer 2007
Getting back to Maria's concert....that was a real treat!  Many times we have been walking at Como Park only to be serenaded by a summer concert.  Never did we think we would be attending one in which one of our kids would be performing!  The grandparents were very proud indeed.

It's always good to invite Grandparents!  Lucas's head was in the way.:(
Maria was in the flute section which happened to be in the very back of the orchestra.  That was disappointing not to get any pictures of her actually playing.  However, I did catch her getting on and off the stage.


Clothespins helped to keep the sheet music down during the breezy concert!

There she is behind the myriad of violinists!  A typical orchestra!

Catching her leaving the stage
Since the concert and the regional soccer game, I've been reading several books in anticipation for the next school year.  And I managed to catch a cold which has had me down the last couple of days!  With all the running around for the kids and staying up to read it's no wonder my immune system is down.  I'm a singular success even at getting sick!

Here's what I've been reading.....



All of these books are pretty amazing.  I go in spurts with reading, too.  When I'm reading, I love it.  I can't seem to stop reading.  And it seems that every book I read always has a sweet spot....you know, that spot that you get to where you just can't put the book down.  You try to stop at the end of a chapter, but you find yourself reading those first few sentences of the next one.  Three chapters later, you realize it's a quarter to midnight!!  Oh, wait.  That's just me.  Or is it you, too?  I remember going to bed very late only to be stopped on the way to my room by my dad's clip light on his headboard still on with a book lying open across his chest, mouth agape, and totally snoring as if on a third dream.  I wonder if he ever woke up in the middle of the night to turn the light out, get a bookmark, and tuck himself into bed?  Maybe it was something in each book that gave him the peace of mind to just rest his eyes a bit only to wake him fully refreshed in the morning.  Who knows.  I guess, like father....like daughter!









1 comment:

  1. I am interested in the Thomas Jefferson Education, will have to check that out. You know, if you blogged faster I wouldn't be able to keep up, lol!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...