Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Granola, Granola


round button chicken


This PRETTY little girl loves to eat "granola, granola" for breakfast.

2 hour a day patching should help her weaker eye strengthen up.
Even a busted lip needs a Band-Aid!

Saving a little money always makes Mom and Dad HAPPY.  So I decided to try my hand at making my own granola.  I started with a few simple grains.


To this I added a cup of raisins, a cup of semi-chopped pecans (I didn't have almonds....rats!), and 1 1/2 T. cinnamon.


I mixed it all up and added 8 oz. of honey.


I spread it out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper



and baked it for an hour at 225 degrees.

I let it cool and then brought the edges of the parchment together to crumble up the granola.  I keep our granola in a plastic container that has a rubber seal.


I thought it FUNNY when Jane reprimanded me for spilling the granola just to get an artistic shot!


Big crunchy clusters....just the way they like it.

According to Jane, the granola is REAL good!



2 comments:

  1. That's the one complaint I have about my favorite granola recipe... not enough big clumps! Maybe I'll try yours. My oldest had to patch for a couple hours everyday and it really helped. His weak eye improved by a full point or more, I don't remember exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big clumps in granola are a must...I hope you like this one!:) I'm glad to hear the eye improved significantly. Jane really can't see out of that eye when the other is patched. She hates it! The brain has really started to shut down the sight in it because it is so weak.:( I hope this helps, but she will still probably need glasses.

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...