1. We were side-swiped by a Toyota Tacoma 2 weeks ago going from Catechesis of the Good Shepherd to Choir. I don't call Thursday "Hell Thursday" for nothing! It was a minor fender bender and no one was hurt. I actually felt awful for the little gal that totally didn't see me and rammed the side of my giant van. She was shaking and nervous and clearly had a lot going on. I even wanted to give her a hug after it was all over....the maternal side of me always comes out. Thankfully, the van was fixed lickety split, and we were reimbursed for our carseat since Jane was sitting in it during the crash.
2. This leads me to another crazy point. Sometimes I feel like I'm living this....
There is so much government regulation that instead of making things safe, sometimes they're downright ridiculous. Take our carseats. Little did we know they expired in 2008. I know food expires, but a carseat? Anyway, we always felt it is roadworthy and I wash it when it gets gunky so I thought we were good. The insurance company, however, was quick to issue us a check to get our carseat replaced since it was in the accident. I actually scored 2 new carseats with the money they gave me. Score! Now what you saw way back in this post is no longer.
3. Now for the other crazy happening at our local Catholic High School....
What wasn't mentioned in this version of the article was that the Salvation Army was called in to provide snacks of crackers and water bottles to the students while they waited out the evac. Sheesh....bigtime eyeroll! Hey, wait. This is a Catholic High School and Salvation Army was called? What is Catholic Services....chopped liva?Totino-Grace High School students were evacuated from the Fridley school Friday, but told to remain on campus for nearly four hours after mercury from a thermometer was discovered on the floor of a science classroom.At 3:30 p.m., school administrators received clearance from emergency personnel that the building was deemed safe and that students could return to collect their belongings. The school was evacuated at 11:45 a.m. School normally ends at 1:50 p.m.A Hazardous Materials Chemical Assessment Team and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency found that the mercury was limited to a single classroom and that students were not affected. It had been feared that chemicals might be found on students' shoes.Parents were alerted by phone and e-mail and updates on the school's web site.
Now I don't know about you, but my crazy, older brother and I used to do this with mercury that came from thermometers we used to break in order to have this kind of fun...
|OK...maybe this wasn't such a good idea.|
I now know not to do this because Big Brother or rather #1 may come to get me!
So now I'm sitting here with a bandage the size of 3 of my toes, a cup of tea, and blogging. I think the kids are at the park. They'd better be at the park. I'm putting them in the hands of Our Lady and their Guardian Angels because I can't feel my leg right now. Anesthesia is a good thing!
5. And in the case you're not already scandalized by this post, I'm now going to watch the next episode in Season 1 of Mad Men. I honestly can't get enough of the crazy idiosyncratic 60's!
|If the clothes from that dry cleaning bag are on the floor of my closet, you're going to be a very sorry young lady.|
This is what happens when I have to sit down....I think thoughts that I'd rather avoid because....well....it's just easier to be busy!