Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Photography Edition


round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

I finally found a cheap photography class through Community Ed. that I could take that fit in our schedule.  For the last 3 Tuesdays, Maria and I went to our local High School and sat around with 6 other people learning about composition, lighting, camera basics, and all from an experienced, professional photographer.  He happens to be a friend of a guy in our community and so agreed to teach the class.  He's actually a personal photographer for Kenny Chesney and other singers none of which I was familiar with except for Rick Springfield.  Anywho....

I decided to try my hand at S-curves while taking the kids to the park yesterday.

This photo I took while standing up.

For this one I zoomed in and was kneeling to get down to eye level.

The S-curve is best in this photo.
Next, I wanted to try Framing.  My objective was to shoot the walking bridge on the opposite end of the pond.  I wanted to frame the bridge with the leaves from a tree right in front of me.

I think I like this one best because the bridge looks bigger in the photo.

Here it's like..."Where's the bridge?"

Same thing here...."Where's the bridge?" and the leaves aren't in focus either.
Finally, I wanted to take a picture of something and its reflection in the water.  The kids named an old dead tree that is sinking in the pond, The Octopus!  It's kinda creepy looking.

I probably should've been up higher so you could see the reflection better.  Also, the water lilies are blooming so they are
getting in the way of the reflection in the water.  
Molly asked for the camera so she could take a picture.  I only saw what she captured after uploading the photos.  I think she did a great job of capturing the blooming water lilies.


Have you been capturing any contentment on camera?  What do you shoot with?  I'm thinking of getting a Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR.  Craig's List is the way to go for me.  There are plenty of great cameras here in the cities from people who are upgrading as the wedding and summer seasons are approaching.  Now's the time to grab a great deal.  I already have a Canon lens that I picked up during an Amazon lightning deal over Christmas.  I've been planning on getting another camera for a while.  I'm just happy that I have the class under my belt now!  See more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments by clicking on the button above.  And say a little prayer for Auntie Leila and her family...they have weddings coming up real soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are very nice! Keep it up. And your daughter's too - very clear.

    I have a couple of point-and-shoots, a Canon and a Lumix (my favorite.) I also have a Lumix LX-3, which gives me a little depth of field. I'm always practicing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I am falling in love with photography after having taken the class. I'm most interested in taking good shots of my cookies. I really need to build a decent portfolio. I just built a light box last night with my husband and daughters! Exciting!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...