Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Glimpses of Palm Sunday


We began Holy Week yesterday with illness unfortunately.  The older girls were to sing at St. Agnes in a huge procession, but they woke up with horrible sore throats and colds so Daddy, Gabe, Jane, and I went to our parish church for Mass.  It was beautiful, but I was sad to leave the sick ones at home.

I tried to make lunch extra special as best we could.  I decided to try the Pioneer Woman's pizza dough recipe after a friend suggested it.  I made the dough on Friday and let it sit in the fridge as Ree told to let the dough mature.


The dough recipe makes two crusts so I made a cheese pizza and a combo pizza.  I have a mix of cheese and veggie/meat lovers in this house.  I won't name names as it would be a bit of a surprise who prefers what!




I had one particular cheese lover that gobbled his pizza rather quickly.  Even though this picture is blurry, I couldn't resist adding his sweet face to this post.  He's growing up much too quickly.  He's getting bigger and stronger and understands and communicates so much.  I adore him!




2 comments:

  1. The pizza looks delicious. America's Test Kitchen (PBS on Sunday afternoons)had a pizza dough recipe this past Sunday which also required an overnight stay in the fridge, something about development of carbon dioxide, etc., etc., etc. My sister has the Pioneer Woman cookbook so will have to look this one up. Thanks for great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy, Yes, the dough continues to rise in nthe fridge but at a slower rate. It definitely matures and I'm sure helps the flavor. I can't wait for you to see the cookies! I'll post pics later.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...