Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Egg Cookies


I wanted to give you all a quick peek at the cookies we sent off this morning to a friend down south.  If all goes well, the cookies should arrive by Saturday.  These were exciting to make.

I couldn't decide on just one design so I tried a few.




That's the fun of cookie decorating!  Once the icing and colors are finished, the creativity begins.  I was influenced by many designs.  Doodling sketches with Jane on the back of her kids' menu at dinner really helped to get a nice bit of swirling that I used on these cookies.  I used the following techniques and tips...brush embroidery, sugar pearls, scroll work, and tips 1, 2, and 3.  For the scroll work and brush embroidery I used stiff consistency royal icing.  The piping and flooding were done with 10 count royal icing.

Things might be a bit quieter here over the Triduum.  I hope that all of the graces of the Triduum that God has prepared for you will be given in abundance so that we are all able to rejoice on Easter Sunday morning with light and joy-filled hearts!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I like these ones, Grace! Especially, the blue ones. Do they look a bit vintage, I wonder? Hope you have a happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky. The blue were my favorites, too. Vintage...I hadn't thought of that. Have a Blessed Triduum and a Happy Easter as well.:)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can't wait -- They look beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to get them either.:) Let me know when they arrive. Exciting!

      Delete
  3. Egg-cellent work...sorry, couldn't help myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! More eggy humor....hee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, boy - so much sugar, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are a bit of sugar high. Hence, I have to avoid them by not eating any. I really like the creative aspects of this type of craftiness. And I love making people smile.:) I just got 2 more orders for next week today.....woo hoo! I'm so happy the income is starting to slowly trickle in.;) Thanks!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...