Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Are the Odds....

of winning an international cookie decorating contest?  Hmmm?  Probably not very high....for me!  But I still want to try.  Yep, that's me all getting into the fray of going up against cookie decorators the world over.  Yesterday I got wind of this interesting challenge over at Georganne's blog, LilaLoa.

What I have to do is come up with a cookie design using this cutter, but here's the catch....it can't be a present.  I get to cut off parts, flip it, do whatever I want to with it.  It just has to be original and look amazingly beautiful.  Now, 75% of my score will be based on creativity so I could win based on that alone.  Here I am getting all huffy about my creative prowess...humility, Grace, humility!








See, easy peasy!  Even I have a chance to win.  Well, I spent all of about 10 minutes with Monica coming up with 3 different designs for this cookie cutter.  I'm sure you could come up with way more than just 3 because you're all cooler than I am!


Oh, well, I'm glad I have until May 5th because April is going to be a busy cookie decorating month.  Now that I'm grateful for.:)


So, should I go for it?  I hope you think, YES!!!!


And if you want to see what the prizes are, just click on over to Lila Loa's blog to see all the booty.  It's a confectioner's dream load!


OK, I think I'll stop now because I've used way too many exclamation points in this post!  Hee, hee.

8 comments:

  1. Your cookies always look so yummy and so beautiful. I am sure you will come up with something fun! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental block! I look at it and all I see is a present. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny.:) For two of the designs I will use it as it is and cut off one part on one of those. For the third design, I'll flip it on its side. That one will be a bit tricky, but I think we can pull it off.;)

      Delete
  3. Grace,

    Go for it! I think you are so talented you could easily win a prize. You'll have lots of fun trying whatever happens. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    Hope you win!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Can you believe we came up with 11 total ideas for this contest? The girls are very creative...it is very fun to see.:)

      Delete
  4. If you want to do it, you should! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lisa! I can't wait to get started on our designs.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...