Monday, March 12, 2012

Consumed

I love that Daddy has a class every Monday night with the Catechetical Institute.  He always comes home with the best insights.  Many of these things I've heard before, but it's always great to be reminded.


We are a Eucharistic people!  We are....

taken
blessed
broken
given


Just as Christ offers himself on the altar at every Mass, we are invited to offer ourselves...to place ourselves and all of our sufferings, strengths, and weaknesses on the altar.

As a stay at home mom and homeschooler of my children, I choose freely to offer myself on the altar of my day to be taken, blessed, broken, and given by my spouse and children.

Why am I so spent, so tired, so exhausted at the end of the day?  It's because I'm being consumed.  I'm supposed to be consumed.  I am supposed to die in the furrow to give life to another generation of Christ's followers.  When I look back on my day....if I have the strength to even look back on my day....I should see that I was spent doing the will of God.

Even if I fall many times during the day in the form of yelling, eye-rolling, sighs, frustrations, and a thousand other things, I have the gift of being able to choose again tomorrow.

For now, I feel like I have nothing left to give but to change into my pajamas, brush and floss my teeth, and hit my pillow.  I should sleep soundly.  There is nothing left to give for today.  I have been consumed.

Looking ahead to the week....


St. Patrick's Day cookies (shamrocks and Celtic crosses)
St. Joseph's Day cookies (lilies)
New chocolate cookie recipe....a hit with the kids and Daddy
Free-Motion Quilting & Raising Urban Chickens Classes....squee!
Quilted Easter table runner...here's a little peek...







4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts and lovely table runner. :) What a blessing that your husband helps the family grow closer to Christ and never stops his own seeking. So many blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melody. Yes, the class is a prerequisite to the Diaconate program. He'll be in the CI for two years before entering if he discerns that is what God is calling him to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consumed is a perfect description. Thanks for your words of encouragement the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! I'm glad this post resonated with some.:)

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...