Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Kids & Quilting Mishaps Edition



round button chicken


Molly was asking for fried rice for lunch yesterday, but I told her I couldn't make it.  I really only had enough energy for making simple lunches for all the kids.  However, I did tell her that maybe her sisters could make it.  Well, Maria was all over that.  I pulled a few things out of the fridge they could use up...you know...leftovers.  I also asked Monica to make rice in the cooker.









They pulled off the dish without a hitch and didn't leave a thing for later.  Not even a grain of rice!  Meanwhile, this is what Molly was doing while her sisters were cooking.




She was watching the bread in the oven.  This is why I was low on energy by noon!  We had two beautifully baked loaves of bread by 1PM.  Baking gratification!

After lunch, I sat down to read to the kids.   I've been reading Johnny Tremain, and they love it.  It is very exciting to say the least.  As I finished reading, I asked Lucas to run quick for my camera.  Nick was so captivated by the snow that was falling outside.  






While I read to the kids, I was ripping out stitches from my quilt pieces.  I'll just say you should always heed the saying, "Measure twice. Cut once!"  Arrrgh!!




You can see more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real moments by clicking on the button above.

8 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Like Mother, Like Daughter.
    I love picture of your little man looking out the window at the snow. It reminded me of my boy, only he isn't that little anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Monique. He will be 2 next week. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were all mesmerized by the gigantic snowflakes at our house as well. It really was breath-taking!

    Looking forward to seeing your quilt...once it's cut correctly! :-) (not that I'VE ever done that! ha, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Melody! You're very sweet.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Heather....yes, I can't wait to show you all the quilt. I'm getting even more excited about it now that I'm back on the right track.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take a lot of pictures of my babies looking out the window. Their faces are always so precious. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I'm so glad I was able to capture that. I miss so many photo ops.:(

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...