Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Having Fun Edition


round button chicken

Pretty

I really like quilting and have had a hard time choosing a pattern to make another quilt.  I've been over at Moda Bake Shop and Quilt Dad to get ideas.  I prepared all the scrap fabric that would go together aesthetically, but was stuck on what to make.  After discovering Eleanor Burns's Quilt in a Day website, I decided to give the Merry Go Round pattern a whirl.  I really like the way the block turned out.


Here's another close-up of the pinwheel.  It's obvious the yellow fabric has butterflies on it, but if you look closely, you'll see that the blue fabric has the tiniest blue butterflies, too!  



Happy

I've said it before so I'll say it again....The kids love the art teacher!  This week she had them work on animation.  I guess she picked up a book and wanted to work on simple animations with the kids.  They had such a great time.  Here they are watching the art teacher's little movie using a lazy susan and a Triscuit box for a screen.







Funny

Nick was so happy this evening jumping around the homeschool room so I could barely snap a picture of him!




Real

He finally stopped to mess around with the hole puncher so I could take his picture.  He really does need a haircut.  Guess who's his haircutter?


See more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments by clicking on the button above.  Leila has very beautiful yarn and knitting to show you over at her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...