Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Presentation/Candlemas



Sugar cookies with white Royal Icing....The tips of the wings were painted with bronze lustre dust.

Every male that opens the womb shall be consecrated to the Lord,
and to offer the sacrifice of
a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons,
in accordance with the dictate in the law of the Lord.   -taken from Luke 2: 22-40

A pair of sugar cookie candlesticks with bronze painted flames were tied with red ribbon.
 Enjoy today's feast and tomorrow's feast of St. Blaise.

4 comments:

  1. Grace,

    You are so talented! Do you have the cookie recipe on your blog? You must have quite a collection of cutters.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue...I'll have to post the recipe and my little secret for cutting these cookies. I actually used a cupcake cutter to make the candles and a card stock template to make the doves. I do have quite a few cutters, but seem never to have the ones I want or need at the moment.:( So I have to improvise! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really elegant and beautiful. Thank you for posting. I love seeing all of your creative cookies.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...