Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Big Reveal...Knitting & Lent

I finally finished off the sweet little sweater I've been knitting for our new godson.  He's adorable and I've only seen him in pictures!  I can hardly wait to drive out to see the little prince.  So here's one of his little gifts.




I used the 5 Hour Baby Boy Sweater pattern I found at Ravelry and Red Heart green fleck worsted weight yarn I had left over from a frogged project.  I knew I'd find a use for  this yarn.

As for our Lenten practices, the kids have been eating a lot of fruit, and I'm trying to give up Diet pop.


I go back and forth over this because I don't drink coffee.  I feel like it helps me stay awake in the afternoon so now what will I drink when I need a lift?  Sugar's been out for a few years...it'll be 5 years in May...woohoo!  And most of my tea is herbal.

I've also started a 30 day retreat booklet from the writings of St. Teresa of Avila.  I'm keeping a separate prayer journal, too.



Today I decided to bring the camera along to take a few shots of our Thursday Run-Around.

Here are the kids in the car....





Yes, we have a mega-van!
I now have proof for Daddy that I have a bit of a lead foot.  Oops!



Here's church 1 that I drove to and from twice today....


And here's church 2 that I drove to and from twice today....

This is actually the school, but the church is on the other side of it.:)
I didn't snap a pic of church 3 where the kids have their piano lessons.  I was too worn out by that point in the day.:(

I did, however, snap a pic of the lake near our home.  It just looked too beautiful not to capture.




Is your Lent off to a good start?

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! Your blog is great, and your photography too. I happened to notice that your beautiful girl is sitting in a no back booster with a twisted seatbelt under her arm and at the buckle... she appears way too small to fit that booster and with the belt twisted like that at the buckle it will not lock in the event of a wreck. she could be ejected. At the very least she should be in a high back booster with the belt properly routed and not twisted.
    Your sweet boy is in a carseat with a very puffy coat, and in a collision, the coat could decompress and create slack between his body and the straps, allowing him to be ejected or injured.
    I promise I'm not crazy, just a concerned reader. If you don't believe me, please please contact a Safekids certified Child Passenger safety technician (CPST) in your area for hands on help. or visit Car-seat.org for a board full of techs. No registration necessary, and if you show them those pics they will definitely help you find safer and better options.
    Thank you and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your concern. As I reread my post and saw the pictures, I wondered if anyone would comment on the car seats. Honestly, we've never thought about it. I appreciate you sending the link and having the courage to come forward to say something.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little cardigan. I also like your every day pictures...kind of a fun peek into your lives. What a beautiful church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am knitting a second sweater for another friend....same pattern, different type yarn. I think this is going to be my signature baby gift!;)

      Delete
  4. The sweater is adorable! I know a little boy who will be so happy to wear it! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, oh, oh....I can't wait to see you all, especially that sweet, little boy!!! Now that we're on the mend...last 2 weeks of colds/sinus infections, I look forward to a visit. I'll let you know when we plan to descend upon all of you.

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...