Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Baking Up Some Love Edition


round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of everyday life ~

Yesterday, I made the dough and baked the cookies for Maria's upcoming Basketball Birthday party.  Because I always like to have a little fun of my own in the kitchen, I decided to make a few Valentine cookies, too.

Pretty

I found all of my "love" cutters...


I hate getting dough in my ring so I took it off and set it aside.  Sigh.

Happy & Funny


I had a little baking helper that insisted on using the cutters and transferring the cookies to the sheets.










Real


Here are the final products.  I definitely have to get into a zone to decorate.  I did this work while the older girls bathed Jane & Nick and helped Daddy put the kids to bed.  Meanwhile, I worked a little magic in the kitchen!


These are ok.  I like them because they are "mini" cookies.  I had an idea to make them into "conversation
hearts", but I must have forgotten about that idea.:(  I guess I'll have to make another batch!

These are my favorites!  I love the cornelli lace on the double hearts, and I used rolled Pettinice fondant with a design mat for the larger heart and smaller scalloped edge square.  The pillow effect was something new I wanted to try.  Amber over at Sweet Ambs has a good video on this technique.  I added sugar pearls at the seams on the pillowed heart.




I still have to go back to the "workshop" to make those basketball cookies and hoops/nets.  Go see more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments by clicking on the button above.  Looks like Auntie Leila is on tour grandbaby holiday!

7 comments:

  1. Those cookies are gorgeous! Every single one. I can't imagine letting anyone eat them. Seriously - looks like a magazine cover. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really have such a talent for this - They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cathy. I have the basketball party cookies done, too, but I need to take pics of those. I hope to do that some time today...we'll see. Plus I want to make cookies for the Super Bowl. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,

    I thought the basketball cookies were impressive. How do I describe the valentine ones? They are real works of art! How could you bear to eat them? I guess you have the photos to remember them by!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...