Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real...Finding Happiness Edition



round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


OK, my last post was a bit of a downer.  Just a bit?  OK, it was huge!  I appreciate all the calls, emails, prayers....thank you all for your support of my huge pity party!

In spite of the events of the last few days, I was able to find joy in the midst of the frustration and sadness at times.  I know that's what our spiritual lives help us to do.  Even when there is so much frustration and chaos around, our spirits seem to gravitate to the beauty around us.  Have you ever encountered a child who wants to be mad and gets frustrated when you tried to hug him/her or succeed at making him/her smile or laugh?  That is what God does to me.

"In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed..." - Francesca Battistelli


If you haven't listened to this song, you should.  It's usually on KTIS 98.5, but right now they are playing a lot of Christmas tunes so you may have to just Google it.

Now getting on with it...these are the things God was sending me to give me a hug and make me smile and laugh in the middle of my little mess!

Pretty

These are the pretty Christmas cookies I made for the Cookie Exchange.  I was so happy I had the time
to make them!

Pin It
Happy



The Dance Recitals were a lot of fun as you can see!  These two girls were so happy this semester having a dance class to go to every Monday.

Funny



I made Spritz cookies for the kids.  These are the easiest, yummiest cookies to make so I decided to make some because all of the star and snowflake cookies went to the Cookie Exchangers.:(  

Nick really liked them.

He even eats off the floor...Funny!


He left me these cute little finger prints to clean off of the refrigerator!



Real

After seeing a friend's Christmas tree and the little train they had placed on a track under it, I asked Lucas to see if he could set his up under ours, too.  He was so excited that it worked.  The next morning I found him and Nick sitting under the tree watching the train go by.  So cute!  I snapped these photos before running downstairs to try to get the door unlocked.  Sometimes you have to stop the chaos to capture the memories you want to remember.  This was very sweet!








You can see more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments over at Like Mother, Like Daughter by clicking on the button above.  I hope you were able to find some contentment in your everyday life this week.  I'm sure glad God sent me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...