Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yarning Along: Monica's "Meret"

After finishing Nick's hat, I decided to start on Monica's beret.  Daddy picked up some coupons that he thought I might like.  One of them was $10 off at The Yarnery in St. Paul.  This is a very cute shop with even cuter yarn goods.

Photo taken from Inside Out Blog

I decided on Wooly Wormhead's Mystery Beret..."Meret."  Monica chose a beautiful aran weight red yarn.  Here are the specs:  Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran.  It's a beautiful yarn and feels good on my hands and fingers.  I've been using a #7 16" circular needle, but I need to switch to #7 DPNs to finish it off.  It's getting a bit tight at the crown.  Only 3 more rounds to go, and Monica should be able to slap that on her head!

I've been trying to read a bit before I go to bed at night.  I picked up Danielle's book Mom to Mom back in May while I was in Texas.  I still hadn't read it.  I am enjoying the chapter entitled, "Unexpectedly Expecting."  I think that's very fitting for my last two pregnancies.  I haven't had the courage to write about that.  I fear judgement and sounding like I'm not ProLife.  Everyone who knows me knows I am. However, I've struggled a lot with anxiety, post-partum depression, and control which didn't give me much joy in finding out I was expecting with both Jane and Nick.  It's been a tough row to hoe!  I may write about that someday.  For now, I'm content with knitting, school with the kids, living life, and enjoying the products of those last two pregnancies.



Now for what I've been knitting and reading.  By the way, Ginny is celebrating the blogiversary of her Yarn Alongs.  To celebrate she'll be giving away yarn every weekend for this month!  Isn't that cool?  What a neat gal!  See more Yarn Along's over at her place by clicking here.



Oh, I wanted to include one more pic of the little thief who's been nibbling away at my pumpkins on the front step.

Betcha thought it was Nick...huh, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...