Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yarning Along: Maria's Socks

Here's a quick peek at a pair of socks I've been working on for Maria.  This has been a real challenge in terms of figuring out the pattern.  Well, it's finally come together after about 5 YouTube videos!



Heel flaps, turning heels, and shaping toes....what an education!  I think I'm learning more in this homeschool than the kids.  The yarn is a finger-weight sock yarn from Trekking XXL.  The color is green.  If you're interested, you can check out the specs over at my Ravelry page in my projects section.  I like the way the striping came out.

As for our read-aloud, I've been reading Whatever Happened to Justice.  This has been a lot of fun for all of us.  We've been learning about common law, encroachment, agreements, tacit agreements, and ambient encroachment.  I know it sounds boring, but the kids like the examples I give.  They're always howling with my examples.  We've also talked a bit about the rise and decline of a civilization based on free trade or the lack thereof.  I just purchased Whatever Happened to Penny Candy.  I probably should have read this one aloud first...oh well.

You can see more Yarny Creations over at Ginny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...