Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Fall Baking



round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

There's something inside of me that gets flipped like a switch when the weather turns a bit brisk outside.  When leaves start to fall and it gets cool enough to wear socks and long sleeves, I feel a call to bake....bake a lot.  I sent Paul on an adventure to get active dry yeast one evening after 5 failed attempts to proof my yeast for bread making!  He's so supportive and easygoing.  It takes a special man to run to and fro so his wife can pursue a baking dream.

Pretty

I've been baking our bread.  Yippee!  Always wanted to do this!  The kids love it.  This is Honey Oatmeal bread.

Happy

Baking Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Paul & the kids.

The smell of baked cookies makes all of us happy.

Funny....not related to baking!

My tomatillos are shriveling while they wait to be made into Salsa Verde for another Mexican dish...more later!

Real

I really do use an ice cream scoop to make cookies so they are all perfect in size and shape....anal.  I know!


Go see more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments over at Like Mother, Like Daughter by clicking on the button above.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful baking! Just seeing those cookies makes me want to have that smell in our home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Bethanne. Go, go bake some cookies!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks perfect! Good job - I'm still working on bread which turns out right. And the cookies look good, too.
    I think I saw Martha scoop cookie dough with an ice cream scoop - what's wrong with it? Don't worry about what you imagine others will think!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lisa. And thanks for the sage advice...I need to remember that more often.:)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...