Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: The "We're All Sick" Edition



round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


In spite of being sick with colds, allergies, and dry, dry weather; we've still managed to get a few things done this week.  Finding a bit of contentment in the midst of the hoarse voices, drippy noses, and coughing has been a bit harder than normal.  However, these are a few of the things that I find....

Pretty

Nick's mittens are finished!

Molly's skirt was completed, too!  I added a bit of extra length to the top so it wouldn't be so short.
I put in an adjustable waist band so she can wear it for a while.
Happy

Daddy brought home an old Latin textbook from a book exchange at his work.  I didn't think we'd use it until I looked through it.  I love it!  I decided to use this for Maria's Latin study this year.  We are slowly going through it as it integrates a lot of grammar and translation in each of the lessons.  There are also several pictures and tidbits of history.  







I am a fan of old textbooks so I couldn't pass these up.  My only problem has been not having a teacher text.  The series was published in the 50's by Scott, Foresman.  A scan on Amazon and ebay resulted in finding nothing.  I did, however, find texts II and III which I snatched up quickly.






















I like how the books also show some relevance to today's world.  


I'm enjoying learning along with Maria.  It really makes me happy that we can do this together.

Funny

You can only imagine how many boxes of Kleenex a family of 9 goes through
during a week of colds & allergies!


Real

Nick is using a spoon!  He really likes to use it.  I am so pleased that he can feed himself.  

He got more on his face than in his mouth, but it's a start!

And I'm knitting a little something trying to finish before the cold hits Texas.  I think I still have a bit of time before that happens...I hope!  Here's a little pic of the shocking pink yarn I'm working into a ribbed cuff using DPN's again....fun, fun, fun.




See more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments over at Like Mother, Like Daughter by clicking on the button at the top of this post.  And don't forget tomorrow is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.  In addition, guess who's turning 7 tomorrow celebrating his Gold and Silver birthdays?  We'll be venturing over to The Wild Rumpus Bookstore in Minneapolis after lunch with friends, attending the Rosary Procession in the evening, and going on a leaf viewing train ride in Osceola, WI on Saturday to celebrate...God willing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...