Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yarning Along: Molly's Skirt and Am. Lit.

Knitting and Reading with Ginny's Yarn Alongs

I did so much knitting on our vacation that I really made progress on Molly's skirt.  She was very happy to see that it is coming along and keeps asking how much longer until she can wear it.  I'm glad it's taken a while so she can enjoy it during the crisp, Fall weather that is around the bend.  Inevitable, I know!

I think one of the best things I love about homeschooling is all the great literature I get to read along with the kids.  Since my library book hold expired while I was away, and there was no way I could read in large enough chunks to really get into Kristin Lavransdatter (I'm so bummed about that!), I decided to stick to American Literature with Monica.  We're reading Rip Van Winkle this week.  I'm looking forward to a lot of the favorites I enjoyed in my own study of Am. Lit:  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Lottery, The Monkey's Paw, The Outcasts of Poker Flat, The Gift of the Magi, and everything by Edgar Allan Poe!


This is a pretty simple skirt once you get past the waistband.  I'm using Lion Brand,
Cotton Ease in Maize on Sz. 8 circular Takumi needles.  Bamboo is definitely the way to go!
I don't think I have the right length of needles though because it's getting uncomfortable to knit in the round.
I may have to switch to needles with a longer cable.

See more yarny creations over at Ginny's Yarn Along.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...