Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: AKA Knitting, Cooking, and a Feast Day


round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Pretty....Cute!



I've been missing Ginny's Yarn Alongs, but I still wanted to give y'all a peek at a little something I've been working on...

Wool mittens for Nick!  

I challenged myself to learn how to use double pointed needles (DPNs) in a project.  This has been a great take-along project.  I finished that mitten and am now working on the second one.  The thumb was really a trick, but I was able to figure it out.  You can check Crazy Aunt Purl in the sidebar for all your knitting needs.  That's where I learned how to work out the thumb.

Happy...in my kitchen!

Because of the change in weather...it's actually been a little freaky...cold one day, hot the next...I've been making more soups and using the oven.  I am still on a quest to bake all of our bread even though I cheated tonight and bought a couple loaves at Costco!  However, I did make homemade chicken and potato soup (Daddy dislikes egg noodles!) and biscuits from scratch.



Real....Feast Day!

Of course, we had to do something for today's feast Day...the Feast of the Archangels Michael, GABRIEL, and Raphael.  So I made an Angel Food Cake to celebrate.  Poor things had to wait all. day. long to enjoy it because of our busy Thursday schedule.  



Happy...Little Guy!

Bad lighting in the eating area, but I had to include this pic!

Sorry for the reverse order of PHFR, but it works this way.  See more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Moments over at Like Mother, Like Daughter by clicking on the button above.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...