Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting Ready?

I've been busy....very busy doing laundry, breathing deeply, trying to get my head wrapped around the fact every other homeschooling mama is already scheduled, tidied, and raring to go for the new school year if they haven't started already.  Sheesh!  I can't stand the fact everyone is declaring summer over when there's still a few more weeks to go.  As a Texan in the North Woods I like to hang onto all the summer days I can, thank you very much!

However, I have succumbed to the craziness which is school scheduling, tidying, and getting fired up to go.  Heck, I even bought school supplies for the kids!  And because I'm a sidetracked home executive, I even came up with a craft project to distract me from the task at hand.  I decided to make school shirts for the kids.  That's right.  I bought cheap polos at Target, computer transfer paper, and spent about an hour getting a logo for our school put together on Picnik.  Crazy, I know.  But, I do love how the shirts came out and boy if you could just see the joy around the house with all the homeschool pride!  I can't believe these kids are excited about another start of a school year.  It's true we've been schooling all summer long...rather informally, but we have been doing things....we're always doing things, always learning.  However, there is something to be said about a newly sharpened box of pencils, a cleaned out bin, and a new school "uniform" to sport to Daily Mass tomorrow...yippee!!

So here's to another school year...Cheers.




7th Grade

5th Grade

Kindergarten

1st Grade
*Interestingly even a homeschool has to have a picture retake day.  Miss Molly will be retaking her picture tomorrow after Mass due to hair and uniform issues.:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...