Friday, August 5, 2011

7 Quick Takes: 50th Birthday Party Edition



Joining Jen over at Conversion Diary, here are my 7 Quick Takes for the week so you know how to clearly lose your mind in planning a 50th Birthday Party.

1.  Use Evite

Using Evite is a love hate relationship.  Half the time you can't login just once in order to see your upcoming event.  Forget about importing your contacts.  It's never seemed to work.  And who really RSVP's anyway?  I still have 10% of the guests who never replied.  Sheesh!



2.  Put off making your menu until. the. last. minute.  I honestly just bought all the food yesterday!

Gosh how I wish Red, Hot, & Blue was here in the Twin Cities.
I would've had them cater it!

3.  Use a caterer's numbers for calculating how much food you need.
So far I've made 15 lbs. of pulled pork and 10 lbs. of potato salad.  I have 2 more salads to make and 15 lbs. more of pork to cook overnight.  I think I may have a bit too much food!  You think?


4.  Be a sweetie and let your hubby work for his nonprofit the morning of the party.
What the hell was I thinking?


5.  Pick an outdoor venue in this state's most unpredictable summer weather.
Here's the forecast for tomorrow.  Yes, the party's tomorrow...Saturday.  It says, "Storms Late."   The party is scheduled for 5-9PM.  In college, 5-9PM was early!


6.  Have a Plan B
That basically translates to 30 adults + 30 kids in. my. house. all at the same time!!!!


7.  Shoot up Diet Pepsi just to get through it all!



See more Quick Takes over at Jen's Conversion Diary, and say a little prayer for me.  Likewise, care packages of Ativan and Diet Pepsi are always welcome.:)  





2 comments:

  1. Hey ... and regarding E-vite, I know you mentioned at one time you were sending me an invitation, but I never got one. So, if I'm one of the ones that didn't RSVP, that's why. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, using Evite is a love/hate relationship. Jeepers...sorry you never received your invite.:( It would have been nice to have y'all there.:)

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...