- flood in the basement...insurance isn't covering anything....we are itching to tile all of it and start working on our craft area...money is obviously an issue
|We ended up siphoning the water through the vent in the glass block window.|
I think we drained app. 50 gallons of water that morning.
|The front and backyards were flooded from over 4 inches of rain we received|
in less than 2 hours. Everyone around us and in the neighboring suburb
suffered water damage in basements.
|Here's our window well filled to the vent with water. There's the hose my ingenious husband thought|
to poke through the vent and let gravity do the work instead of bailing out the entire
well and backyard. Ugh, but it worked!!
- Women's World Cup....I can't believe no one is blogging about this! I've been wanting to, but we've been too glued to ESPN3 to do it.:( Yesterday was an exciting and sad day which we spent viewing the World Cup Final at the Riverview Theater in Minneapolis. The theater was packed with soccer teams and fans young and old. It was incredible to be in a group that large watching a game on a movie theater screen. I took the top 5 kids and my brother. It was the best! Too bad we forgot our vuvuzelas...however, two other guys made up for that.;)
|Abby Wambach & Goalie - Hope Solo...|
We loved watching these gals!!
- School plans...working out schedules, looking to host Schoenstatt girls' meeting once a month, new homeschool families to get to know
- update on costumes for the play
- new project!!...it's so hard to keep it a secret, but I have to.
- plans for Paul's 50th....can you say, "Los Straightjackets?"
- green algae growth in the aquarium...I knew our smooth sailing couldn't last forever.:(