Saturday, June 4, 2011

MCHEC & Curriculum Fair

I always love to joke about acronyms.  I remember the days of attending RC WEORs hosted by the 2G featuring talks by the 3G with special emphasis on an upcoming WYD where VAC would have a presence along with EWTN and several advocates of TOB.  You know who you are those of you who can decipher that jumbled mess!

Anyway, MCHEC stands for the Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference.  It's a fun gathering!  This year the conference is back at the University of St. Thomas.  The new fieldhouse...which totally doesn't look like a fieldhouse...is a beautiful venue.


I got there with a couple of friends right at 4PM when the used curriculum and vendor fair opened.  It was very busy so I'm glad I preregistered for the conference.  I enjoyed just looking around at all the booths and catching up with friends.

I attended the Blogger's Gathering hosted by Ana Braga-Henebry.  That was a fun, informal gathering of fellow bloggers.  I met Karla from Sacred Heart Farm, AnnaMarie from Duty of Delight, and caught up with Sarah from More Than Enough.  Don't we look like a happy bunch of bloggers?


After that session, I went back up to eat my dinner and check out a few more booths.  I stopped at Memoria Press's booth and picked up a couple books...Prima Latina for Molly, and Mortimer Adler's How to Read a Book.  I have so many books on my nightstand...A Little Way of Homeschooling, Handbook of Nature Study, Heart of Darkness, Latin Centered Curriculum...what's adding one more?!

While I was buying my books at Memoria Press, Andrew Pudewa (Institute for Excellence in Writing) stopped by to say "hello" to Martin Cothran, director and instructor of Memoria Press Online Academy.  I wanted so badly to snap a photo of the two of them!  I resisted, but I WILL get one tomorrow.

After eating my dinner, I caught a glimpse of the lovely Minnesota Mom, Margaret B.  She and her husband are MCing this year's keynote addresses.  She looked fabulous in her B&W dress and black patent peep-toe heels.  Betty Beguiles would be so happy!  I introduced myself, and we chatted for a bit before she had to skedaddle down to the main area for Andrew's keynote.  

Daddy met me at that point, we sat together, and I started knitting a dishcloth.  Great!  Now I have something for Ginny's Yarn Along next Wednesday.

Sugar 'n Cream Stripes - Self-Striping Yarn


I had a great day, and I'm so looking forward to tomorrow...lunch with Daddy, more great speakers, and chit-chatting with so many great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...