Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Food Photography

I finally got around to asking a question that's been burning a whole in my brain for a LONG time.  You can type in just about anything into an internet search engine (I like GOOGLE!) and get an answer.  I've been wondering how to get a seamless whitewash background for my cookies.  I love the white background on many food blogs that showcase the food rather than the surroundings.  Don't these just look gorgeous?



Of course, light is the key and focus and aperture, and shutter speed...blah, blah, blah.  But I'm no expert,  but I want to be able to showcase my work for my website.  Anywho...here's my amateur attempt at getting something half-way decent.


Still a little blue...I know...but I'm working on that.  I like the setup, and I'm getting closer to my goal!!  I love that you can tell these are scalloped edge sugar cookies, and the bead border is looking good.  Problem is you can also see all the wayward sugar crystals on the surface of the cookies.  Oh, well!  Does anyone out there have any tips or tricks of the homemade kind?  



2 comments:

  1. I think that the last photo looks pretty good! Sorry that I don't have any advice for you though. My photos are random and I giggle with delight when one turns out well.

    So glad to hear that you're all home. We've been praying for safe travels for you all and good health for your father. We need to get another get together on the calendar.

    I hope you enjoyed the sun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. Yes, we do need to get together.:) We're loving the sun!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...