Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Blessings...He Is Risen!

Wow!  It's been a while since I blogged last.  We've had a lot going on from transitioning my father from the hospital to home to starting his dialysis treatments three days a week 20 miles from my hometown to gathering all together for Easter weekend to finally celebrating Molly receiving her First Holy Communion.  Phew!!

It's been a wild ride for all of us.  We went from Amarillo for a couple nights to my hometown, Bovina, for three nights staying with my Aunt.  The kids were excited to meet one of their 4th cousins!

We tried to cram our gatherings into our childhood home.  I realized the fun times we used to have and all the while I never felt too cramped or deprived in any way.  I remember just being happy as a kid not knowing anything more.  I just wanted to be with my family.  This gathering was no exception.  I felt cozy, loved, and surrounded by everyone I wanted to be with.

The kids had a great time running out of the house, down the street, and to the school to play soccer or basketball with their cousins.  Even though there's a bit of an age difference (4 years all the way down to 17 years) they all got along beautifully.  It was fun to see everyone get involved with watching little kids, playing, strolling Nicholas around, and just having a good 'ol time.

Our Dad, of course, was tired, but he would nap when he needed to, take small walks outside the yard, and sit to chat with whoever would sit with him.


We finally got everything worked out for Molly's First Communion.  She received on Easter Sunday morning in my hometown parish surrounded by several people who saw me make my First Communion and all of our extended family.  It was beautiful!



We experienced happiness, silliness, togetherness, and dysfunctionality...but hey every family has it...that's why families are so important.


family



Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...