Monday, March 21, 2011

Interesting....so What's The Take Home Message?

Daddy sent me a great article from the Wall Street Journal that he found while reading on the plane to/from Vegas.  I watched the video and really enjoyed it.  But...there's always a BIG BUTT...what's the take-home message?

"'You can watch your junky TV show, but you know it's a fantasy.  Right?'" and "I'm not gonna let my daughter buy clothes that make her look like a hooker with my money, but I can't keep her form using her own babysitting money to buy it."


You wanna bet!  Parenting in this day and age takes some pretty big, uh....backbone.  Don't ya think? My mom may not have been aware of everything that was going on in my generation, but she taught me one thing that has always help me stick to my guns when I'm not that popular with my kids, "I'm not here to be your friend.  I'm here to be your mother!"  Just sayin'.

You can read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...