Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine

I love these cute little hand-drawn hearts that I get from my funny Valentine every year.  He's the best!  He surprised me with a sweet little gift of perfume I recently discovered.  He also agreed that I should get a Cricut personal cutter for school use.  Later on today we will be delivering a baby meal.  The kids will be giving these little cards I made with the cutter to the children of that family.  We're putting together a red dinner for them:  pepperoni heart-shaped pizza, red wine, a red velvet cake, and a six pack of Nordeast beer which has a tinge of red to it!  After we drop off the dinner, we'll head to the Mall of America for a Josh Wilson concert.  The kids have really been into KTIS which is always encouraging and uplifting!
Also, I thought I should show you all a bit of my knitting.  I'm working on a pair of leg warmers for Jane.  Since her legs are so short, I figured this would be a project I could finish while it's STILL winter!  I'm almost finished with the first one.  But look what's underneath all that loot.  Yes, that's a beautifully crocheted tablecloth handmade by one of my aunts when I was very young.  She made it for me to put on my table when I had my own home.  See what I have to live up to!  I hope to crochet as beautifully as she did.  The bar is set pretty high!

2 comments:

  1. How was the concert? We're so out of the loop, I've never even heard of the fellow you were going to see. Perhaps we expand our horizons a bit!

    You'll have to post a picture of Jane with her leg warmer when you get them done. Looking forward to seeing them.

    Don't you feel blessed to have such a wonderful hubby? It truly is a gift to be married to your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert was fun! I had hoped to finish the leg warmer while sitting and waiting for the concert to start, but I forgot one of my knitting needles!:( Oh, well. We are both truly blessed.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...