Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Days of Christmas

Yesterday we just chilled and had a regular school day for the 11th Day of Christmas.  I'm glad the kids have been content to receive the Christmas ornament for the day and not expect any other little surprises to celebrate the day.  Today, however, I wanted to do a couple things I've been looking forward to.  I found a recipe for Twelfth Night Scones in an old Pillsbury Holiday booklet I picked up off the rack in 2004.  This booklet was an impulse purchase at the time, but I keep it because of the interesting recipes it has inside.  Does this look appealing to make or what?



Here's the link for the recipe.  I used blueberries instead of dried cranberries because I know my kids, and they won't eat anything with cranberries.

Today also seemed perfect for a reading of Twelfth Night.  Since I will be introducing the kids to Shakespeare this year for their literature study, I picked up these great kids' versions.



There are so many theories out there explaining why Shakespeare named his comedy, Twelfth Night, so I won't go into any of them here.  Needless to say, Monica just walked downstairs because she smelled the scones and saw the book.  She's excited for school to begin!


Enjoy the last day of Christmas!

Grace


2 comments:

  1. Oh Grace - can we come over for school at your house?! What a wonderful surprise for the children to wake up to!

    We're coming out of survival mode over here - I made chicken noodle soup today and am working at cleaning up the house after 3 days of neglect...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better.:) Been praying for you...I would love for you all to come over for school!;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...