Monday, January 24, 2011

Along the Alphabet Path - C Week

We've been having a lot of fun with the Alphabet Path.  The kids are learning quite a bit, and I'm finding myself very motivated this winter.  Fancy that!  Here are a few of the things we did for the week.

C is for Columbine Fairy, Cats, Color, Counting, and St. Cecilia

Some of the Books we read:




Activities
Counting
Coloring Crabs, Cats, and Curious George
Stamping with the Letter C, a Cross, and an Ice Cream Cone
Cutting
Learn The Colors & Sort Colors
Cow Puzzle
Letter "C" Formation








Snacks
Crackers and Cheese
Chocolate Cup Cakes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Carrots











The girls are having fun painting our Little Painted Saints.  St. Cecilia is very cute with a wreath of roses and a golden harp.  I'll have to get a picture posted later.  A few more saints are done, but I've been slow with the picture taking.:(

In other news, Monica had her dental records updated and separators put in today in preparation for having braces put in next Tuesday.  She's doing well with the changes, but I would appreciate prayers for her.  We've been enjoying the knitting projects we have going on:  scarves and a shawl.  It's nice to have the girls doing something while reading or watching a program.  I started a new book since I'll be a Confirmation sponsor for a friend's daughter this May.  I'm really enjoying  The Sanctifier.


I can't believe January is almost over!  I usually drag through this month especially since we started homeschooling.  This winter is very different.  Maybe I am becoming a Minnesotan after all!



Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...