Saturday, December 18, 2010

SmashBurger: A Review

Daddy invited me out for a date night so we decided to take in our local SmashBurger.  This new joint moved into the local shopping center about 2 years ago.  It's all the rage and comes out of Denver, CO.  I'm a burger hound!  I LOVE burgers.




I was impressed with the clean digs, the giant menu, and the friendly staff.  The burger was flavorful but a bit thin in my opinion.  Of course, that's why they call it "smash" burger...the burger has been....well, smashed.  Daddy ordered an order of SmashFries, too.  These were interesting thin fries that were tossed with olive oil, rosemary, and sea salt.  He said they were good, but I didn't try them.  Overall, I'd give it a 3 out of 5 for flavor and surroundings.  It's also very convenient at only 5 minutes distance from our house.  Another plus is that they have a liquor license.  Appeasing the beer-god in your spouse is always a plus!  Daddy was able to have this recent favorite from Schell's Brewery.

Yes, that's called "Nordeast."


I'm more of a "meaty" burger kinda gal...pun intended.  I would rather go for a burger at Manning's.  



Manning's has been in the U of M neighborhood since the 1930's.  It's a typical neighborhood bar so the digs are ok.  It's also a sports bar with giant TV screens and is typically loud.  However, they have hand-pressed burgers that are at least a half inch thick.  Their fries are "meatier," too.  The burger at Manning's is very flavorful, but for the size I rate this a 5 out of 5.  The free popcorn behind the bar which the kiddies love makes up for the ok digs.  Heck, for free popcorn, you can even drown out the noise from the railroad tracks!  Manning's is also family friendly giving out free ice-cream to the kids on certain days of the week.

Bon Appetit!

Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...