Monday, December 27, 2010

3rd Day of Christmas...St. John the Evangelist

Maria quickly put me in my place by saying that if I roasted a chicken for dinner that would be gluttony!  I think she's seen the large bag of leftover turkey we have from Christmas dinner.  With that, I decided to forego that idea and make turkey soup instead.  I boiled the carcass last night and several root vegetables to make turkey stock for freezing.  I used Kalyn's turkey stock post to do it.  You can find that here.  To the soup I added French roasting rub spices that I planned to use on the chicken.  I think they'll taste perfect in the soup.


I also did a search for a coloring page for the kids for the feast of St. John today.  I found this great sight.  If you click on the picture you can get the full screen image and print options.  I thought it was perfect because the kids remember seeing this painting at the Prado Museum in Spain.  I just love when God has these things all figured out before I do!







Have a great day!


Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...