Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thought Dump

I have to post these thought dumps every once in a while so I can just get all of these things out of my head.  Here goes:

  • I have to ask for prayers for Jane because she is visiting Dr. Dahl, the orthopedic surgeon, tomorrow so he can let us know the plan for the bowing of Jane's legs.  I also met with Jane's endocrinologist last week.  The plan there is to have Jane take DAILY growth hormone injections starting at age 4 or 5 until she stops growing.  That would be 14 or 15!  That means, of course, 10 years of daily injections!!  I still can't get my head wrapped around that one.  Please pray for me to accept her medical plan and all it entails.

  • I'm still reeling from the unexpected death of a friend's daughter.  It didn't help that I received a phone call today from a person who was looking to blame someone for the daughter's death.  Unfortunately, the daughter was suffering from depression, and, well...you can just guess the rest.  Of course, the person calling me today was jumping all over things like "large family," "distracted mother because of all those kids," "home schooling," "getting back into a parochial school and not being able to transition properly."  So, naturally, I was rattled by all those judgements and assumptions....gee, I wonder why?

  • Another time change!!!!

  • Happy note...Lucas is doing very well with his reading lessons and is turning out to be a very studious boy.  Naturally, I hug and kiss him a lot and tell him what a good student he is.  Breaking my heart he said, "Mom, when I go to real school I'm going to do great!"

  • We had an awesome gathering of friends from our parish this evening.  One of our parish priests joined us about a 1/2 hour into our gathering.  I love our new associate pastor.  I think I'll have to have him over for dinner so the kids can get a chance to talk to him.   Gabe wanted to show him all his cool Star Wars gadgets, but Father didn't have time.  We need to get something on the calendar for that to happen!

Thanks for the prayers.  I really appreciate them...and comments help, too.:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Grace, you know the family of the St. Agnes student? (I'm guessing that's who you're talking about.) I heard about that even here from a woman who works at the University with Matt -- a Saint Paul native with connections to Saint Agnes. Prayers for the family. (Send me an e-mail if you think I might know them.)

    And prayers for Jane. and for you.

    And I hate time changes!

    Love and Prayers. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much.:). I'll send you an email later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Grace - so sorry that you had to be on the receiving end of a phone call like that. There is, of course, no easy answer and no one thing/person to blame. We are praying continually over here for healing for their lovely family.

    Glad to hear that reading lessons are going well. Isn't it rewarding to see your child learn?!

    We will be praying for Jane's appointment and for you to "roll with" the plan.

    We miss you all and need to get together. I'm busy the next 2 weeks, but when that's over, I'll call you and we'll get our calendars together.

    God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Heather! Can't wait to see you all, too. Just give me a call when you're ready.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...